Just found this.

http://www.stylusmagazine.com/articles/weekly_article/night-drive-a- bluffers-guide-to-detroit-techno.htm

From the page: "This Bluffer’s Guide to Detroit Techno does not strive to be definitive, merely an introduction. I urge any of you reading this with even a passing interest in electronic dance music to check out some of the recommended tracks and explore further on your own. Consider this a launching pad, not a Bible."

I haven't read it all, but it looks accurate enough. I know there is nothing new in there for any of us list members, but the article is nice and short enough, so I now finally have a link to give to people who don't know what real techno is.

Thought some of you might find that useful as well.

Joost