From: Adam Smith [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 18 July 2006 01:56
To: 313 List
Subject: (313) Ableton DJ Mix

Hey list,

how's it goin? So I put together my first all digital dj mix in Ableton.
It turned out pretty well, although I found it to be a different
experience than spontaneously mixing vinyl for a couple of hours. The
main difference being that it took forever, at least compared to
knocking out an hour dj mix with turntables/mixer/records.
Another difference was the editing: I found that when I revisited the
mix the next day, maybe my mood had changed and I would  remove a song,
rearrange, try some other tune, etc. Typically when I mix records, it's
all about what happens at that moment, not thinking about things too
much, just grab records, put them together however you see fit, and go
with it. Perhaps I will experience more of that down the road after I
get a little faster with Ableton.

Anyway, check it out if you're interested, would love any feedback you
may have too of course!

http://www.abrooklynlife.com/2006/07/ablradio_libert.html#more

The entire tracklist is on the page above with link to download mp3 or
subscribe to the weekly podcast (although not every week is Detroit
related).

Mix includes songs by: Raiders of the Lost Arp, $tinkworx, Unit 4, Joe
Lewis, Gino Soccio, Mr. Fingers, Phuture, DJ Yoav B, David Bowie, and a
handful more.

Enjoy!

Adam

Note:

Any views or opinions are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
represent
those of Channel Four Television Corporation unless specifically stated. This
email
and any files transmitted are confidential and intended solely for the use of
the
individual or entity to which they are addressed. If you have received this
email in
error, please notify [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Thank You.