Try not to get too mixed up about a statement like that. It's not uncommon
for people in some European countries, like Italy and Germany, to refer to
a particular style of music as "Black" music. Whatever kind of music that
is is a very loose genre, but it usually refers to Hip-Hop, Soul, Funk,
etc. If Robotnick says he doesn't like playing "Black" music, it probably
means he doesn't like Sister Sledge and "We Are Family" or 50 Cent. He's
not a racist, or proably saying anything racist. He's just a 55 year old
man from the kind of not racially sensitive country that would define a
musical genre as "Black".
He also doesn't speak very good English.

Yeah, right: I agree.

As Starbucks calls "espresso" that horrendous and burnt-tasting
black water; and says it loud and proud from zillion dollars
TV commercials, seen by millions of people...
As Pizza Hut calls "pizza" that strange thing covered with a
white melted tire they call "mozzarella"; and says it loud and
proud from zillion dollars TV commercials, seen by millions
of people...

So I think that Alexander Robotnick can use the espression
"black music" to refer to some general "american" or "hiphop"
or "rnb" or "whatever he means-music", once in a lifetime, in
a private conversation, heard by 2-3 person (I suppose) and
maybe without speaking a very good english
;)

Try not to get too mixed up about a statement like that. It's not uncommon
for people in some European countries, like Italy and Germany, to refer to
a particular style of music as "Black" music. Whatever kind of music that
is is a very loose genre, but it usually refers to Hip-Hop, Soul, Funk,
etc. If Robotnick says he doesn't like playing "Black" music, it probably
means he doesn't like Sister Sledge and "We Are Family" or 50 Cent. He's
not a racist, or proably saying anything racist. He's just a 55 year old
man from the kind of not racially sensitive country that would define a
musical genre as "Black".

I've spent a reasonable amount of tiume with the guy and I can tell you
with some certainty that he is not some kind of kooky White Supramatist.
He's a very sweet, nice guy who is very opinionated about Espresso. He
also doesn't speak very good English.

As for his live set: it does both of what you would want. He plays new
electro/techno stuff as well as performs a few of hits live. Usually, he
plays "Dance Boy Dance", "Problems...", and one or two others. His show is
very fun and high energy and I'm certain most people on lthis list will
enjoy it.

Scatalogics
205 15th Streeet #A7
Brooklyn, NY 11215