>He also doesn't speak very good English.

I imagined that this was a contributing factor.  Still, the thing about not
liking blue notes in music begs a futher explanation.

Black music in Italy maybe be thought of differently than black music in
the US or UK but musicians are musicians and blue notes are blue notes
regardless of where they are from. Saying you hate blue notes in music just
seems poorly thought our OR expressed when the music you play contains it.
I'll give him the benefit of the doubt but it leaves me with "???" over my
head.

MEK

             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
             cs.com
             07/28/06 09:31 AM         313@hyperreal.org
                                                                        cc

                                                                   Subject
                                       (313) robotnik dj style?

Everybody,

Try not to get too mixed up about a statement like that. It's not uncommon
for people in some European countries, like Italy and Germany, to refer to
a particular style of music as "Black" music. Whatever kind of music that
is is a very loose genre, but it usually refers to Hip-Hop, Soul, Funk,
etc. If Robotnick says he doesn't like playing "Black" music, it probably
means he doesn't like Sister Sledge and "We Are Family" or 50 Cent. He's
not a racist, or proably saying anything racist. He's just a 55 year old
man from the kind of not racially sensitive country that would define a
musical genre as "Black".

I've spent a reasonable amount of tiume with the guy and I can tell you
with some certainty that he is not some kind of kooky White Supramatist.
He's a very sweet, nice guy who is very opinionated about Espresso. He
also doesn't speak very good English.

As for his live set: it does both of what you would want. He plays new
electro/techno stuff as well as performs a few of hits live. Usually, he
plays "Dance Boy Dance", "Problems...", and one or two others. His show is
very fun and high energy and I'm certain most people on lthis list will
enjoy it.

Scatalogics
205 15th Streeet #A7
Brooklyn, NY 11215