I was having a beer with someone who works at a large record distributers
in the UK the other week and he was telling me that vinyl will meet it's
demise a lot sooner than people think because the number of companies that
can manufacture lacquers for use in the production of vinyl is now limited
to a handful in the world (and due to lack of demand they are not exactly
economically viable anymore).

Now I don't want a boring digital vs. vinyl type discussion here (we've
done that to death) but I'm not sure I believe him for some reason. I'd
like to hear this isn't true but I suspect it might be.

Anyone on here have any better information than me?

cheers

robin...