I've heard the opposite from the world of indie rock actually - that small
indie labels have done a good job of keeping vinyl going with ltd.
pressings, 7"/45rpms, collector series, etc.

I'm really hoping this is true and we have longer than the 5 years I've been told it will last.

The guy I was talking to has a lot of dealing with D&M and people like that (he runs two labels of his own). I have no reason to disbelieve him but it might be that he has got the wrong end of the stick somewhere. Fingers crossed.

robin...