At this point I'm buying at least 40% of my music as digital files
(beatport.com, ddv, dancetracksdigital.com, traxsource.com) Many times recently
I've bought vinyl in the store for a ton of cash and then found the music
online for less. Some of the tracks I've been waiting to show up in the store
like Ame's remix of Roy Ayer's Tarzan have been online for weeks. This way I'm
saving a few dollars for those releases I can only find on vinyl or classics
discovered and undiscovered only available second hand. The wav files are
usually a buck or two more expensive than the mp3s and I know I'll run out
space really fast with all wavs so I go with 320 kpbs mp3s.

Also I've found it saves me a lot of time to just buy a version of the track
prepared for digital release instead of spending my time recording and re-
recording the vinyl in order to get a good digital file that usually doesn't
sound as good as the digital version I bought and already has tags so i can
identify the info.