That pretty much hits the nail on the head for me- during the weekend James Pennington and I were discussing how he often leaves tracks for years without releasing them - "the ultimate test- the test of time"- if you set out to make music that is of the "now" or "futuristic" then generally your stuff wont hold up as well stuff that's just "good". The idea that new producers have a "template" or at least a well known framework is, in my eyes. very true indeed.

Jason