On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 at 19:21, Kent Williams <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

So far it's entertaining, but stop when you start repeating yourself.

Anyone besides me notice that no one defended Richie in those message threads?
So who is everyone arguing with?

They can argue with me.  Bring it on.

You know, 2 months ago, I was in Barcelona during Sonar week.

The nighttime Sonar events were sold out, so I went to Nitza
to see Ellen Allien & Apparat live.

I went early and there was no one there.  Eventually, by 2 AM
the crowd had swelled up to hundreds.  I sat along the side of
the open hall, not knowing a soul.

I was pretty down at the time.  I'd gone through a horrific
breakup last November, and I still haven't recovered from it.
And here I was, in my favorite city in the world, and I didn't
know a single soul in the whole building.

5 minutes later, I catch a blur start to walk swiftly past me.  It
suddenly stops on a dime, turns and says "Hey, what're you doing
here?".

I said "Hey Rich ... nice to see a familiar face!  But aren't you
playing tonight?  Shouldn't I ask you that same question?!?"

He says "I came by to say hi to Ellen.  Are you coming over later
[to Sonar Noche]?"

"No, I can't ... it's sold out, that's why I came here."

"Oh!  Well hey, we're leaving in a few minutes, why don't you hop in
the van with us?  Tim (Price) will get you a pass, we'll hook you up"

And with that, I was off to Sonar.  I got to watch Ryan Elliott
kill it from sidestage outside at the Sonar Pub, and then watch
Rich & Ricardo have a blast doing the tag-team thing.  I had a
total blast myself.  I cannot thank Rich and Tim (and Tosh!)
enough for all the fun I had that night.  It was the highlight of
my trip.

He doesn't surround himself with sycophants; he surrounds himself
with people like Tim Price (a fun drunk if there ever was one) and
our own Tosh Cooey, his Webmaster, who may still sneak a peak in
at this list once in awhile.

He has been nothing but unrelentingly nice to me ever since I
first introduced myself back in 1999 or whenever it was; and he
has no reason to be - I am the definition of a Nobody, I have nothing
to offer him other than hopefully interesting conversations and fan
appreciation/loyalty.  He has provided some of the most wonderful
moments of my clubbing life, and I feel he deserves my loyalty.  I
continue to enjoy his music and DJ'ing, and if you don't, well,
that's fine - I do, and that's all I care about.

You can all spout off all you want about Rich, I don't care.
All I know is that I know someone different from the target you
spew all your cr*p about, and life is too short for me to worry
about Haters.  I'd rather be a positive person and a positive
influence than a negative Hater any day.

        - Greg