From: "Neil Wiernik" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <313@hyperreal.org>
Sent: Sunday, September 03, 2006 7:07 AM
Subject: Re: (313) The Laptop Debate.

acctually let me explain a little better about what I emant below...
reuses live instrumentation that he plays as sound source material for his
music... its not just him sampleing from records...
how how he samples this stuff and gets it on to his machines are all up to
him from my discussions with him he uses all sorts of different recording
and micing methods... any how I think regardless of what he does he still
a fine example of digital music made with a laptop that sounds super
warm... I can find out more about his techniques when I play with him
later this month in toronto (sept 23rd) and give you direct examples of
what hes doing but ultimatly its warm music made digitally not by the
fetishized analogue gear...
oh and by the way rob model from what I understand uses actual intruments
like a electric guitars to get his sounds...its later processed like crap
to end up as they sound...