I agree with martin this whole laptop or computer music is not as warm sounding as analogue gear is a compleatly irrellivent argument. I have ehard tracks made using all sorts of tools and its not the tools that make some thing warm or cool soundings its the maker ... the person behind the machines not the machines them self. like any thing it takes time and energy to learn your tools of the trade to be able to make them do what you want them to do... Iv been making electronic music since the late 80s and switched from analogue gear to 100 percent computer based music making in 1996 and well like the analogue gear if I want to make a cold sounding track I can make the software Im using do that just like how I can make my music sound warm... here ou be the judge from one of my live sets there are times where it sounds warm and other times where it sounds cold...
http://www.vagueterrain.net/content/archives/mp3/01%20naw%20live%20at%20mutek%20may%2030%202006.mp3
so from this example you can see that its all up to the artist making the music...an if you dont like the cold souding material dont listen to it or buy it... its as simple as that If you dont like what the artist if out putting then dont support the work...
neil
aka naw
www.phoniq.net
releases available on: