Honestly, what matters besides the actual compositions?  I'm enough of
a studio rat to care about things are produced, but the actual method
that someone uses is irrelevant, except as it facilitates the result.
It's not like you can't make sh*t tracks with analog gear.

I program computers for a living, and do the people who use my
software to outline the anatomical features of the brain and measure
their volume care whether I used a stack, a queue, or a linked list?

It's easy to play a piano. You just sit down and bang away at the
keys.  Doesn't make you Glenn Gould innit?