kent williams wrote:

> Honestly, what matters besides the actual compositions?  I'm enough of
> a studio rat to care about things are produced, but the actual method
> that someone uses is irrelevant, except as it facilitates the result.
> It's not like you can't make sh*t tracks with analog gear.

Self-appointed "golden ears" dismiss feeling and creativity, because
anyone can appreciate those qualities in music (though not always at first
blush, since some tastes are acquired), whereas it takes a genuine
superior class of lonely douche to prioritize the production pipeline in
their evaluation of a record.

see also: missing the point of art

- bp