"[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on
10/03/2006 09:19:41 AM:

> I did say "when I have heard him over the last few years" - maybe
> he's rocking sweet soul music, bizarre beats and twisted tracks at
> other gaffs (but at the end of all this that was the original
> question - has anyone heard him doing so?

Yes, I have.  He's been here twice in the last, er maybe three years?
The first time he played across the board - deep house, disco, tribal
techno, classic Detroit cuts, big room Saunderson style stuff, etc.
Then, as a break down toward the end of the set, he played some jazz thing.
I mean jazz - not some "jazzy" house track. Not like bop but more kind of a
fusion track. It wasn't mixed either - he just played it - gaps on both
ends. Big breathing space. Then brought in some more house/disco and
continued to ramp it up (if memory serves me right) for another 30-45
minutes until the end.

Overall, I think it was better than the last time he played here - which
was more standard techno with some house w/vocal samples here and there.

MEK