Slowing things down, speeding them up, cutting almost all the sound out is
amazing in the right hands. Hawtin can work it, as it were, but I like
my minimalism served up more ornately.

That's really lame that people suddenly liked the minimal techno when you
told them it was "deep house".  It makes me think of that Frank Tovey line:
"the package is the prize".

Would they have offered you free glowsticks and hair gel if you later told them
it was progressive trance?