Selon "Svagr, Jodie" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Hey Dimitri, how've you been?  Its been ages since my last email to you via
> myspace.  I've been so busy, but now a few slow days has resulted in time to
> write endless hyperreal books...  lol

I'm fine, glad to see you writing 'hyperreal' books again ... he he

> Thanks for the info about who the makers of the video are, I will follow up.

Yeah, I think their job desserves attention since it looks pointed on right
things and freshly done. These kinds of things can only help the whole
eletronic scene;

> As for the info about the meaning of high tech, its agreed and understood
> that "high tech" is associated with the music they create, but in the context
> of what he was referring to, I believe you have misunderstood his meaning.

Hmm error from my side, I've explained the term ' High Tech ' from a pure
records and dj point of view out of the context of the video. Thinking that
'somewhere' only 'those who know' could understand all the meaning behind.
I think you are from those who know, no problem on this question, I've just
replyed too quickly from the dj point of view.

> "High tech" has been used so often in association with records, that I can
> understand why you may have understood his statement differently than I.  My
> understanding of it was that he used the term to describe a lifestyle that UR
> lives by. From my experiences with Mike, and as it said in the video, he's an
> avid supporter of his neighborhood, and he really makes an effort to work
> with the kids. Mike typically wont talk music without bringing the
> conversation to talk of contributing to the neighborhood.  He finds the two,
> music and contribution, completely linked, which is probably why he uses the
> term "high tech" to describe both. At least that is my understanding of it.

It is also and definitely my understanding of it, I just don't use it as a way
to explain if a random electronic music lover I could meet anywhere during any
event/moment ask me why I love so much UR/Detroit and all related artists
music.

I generally reply it's the vibe I feel and it's funky, free to them to discover
more or not. It's their choice, not mine.

> I realise that talk of contributing to the neighborhoods is not necessarily a
> hyperreal list related topic.  I was inspired by the UR video, figured I
> should respect the ethos Mike lives by and try to bring the conversation to
> talk of contributing to neighborhoods.  Especially since so many people on
> this list are avid researchers and music enthusiasts of Detroit, I was
> wondering if anyone has ever found interesting ways to contribute to the
> cities neighborhoods.

Sure, it's not very '313 list' as a subject, but imo it desserves to be
discussing. A lot of peoples on this list, not the top actives ones, but a lot
never visited Detoit. Some would be certainly happy to hear comments and
opinions not writed by journalists who love to expand and re arrange things
like they want them to be, to keep a correct amount of readers, to exite them I
don't know, but to uninform them for sure. With sometimes too much words about
the bad side of Detroit, they help it to stay in the ghetto picture, there is
good things in Detroit,, Submerge being the most beautiful example at some
points.

A bit of an open-ended question, I know, and if
> someone asked me the same thing, I'm not sure how would I respond.  Speaking
> of what I have done and am trying to do would contradict my humble beliefs
> for wanting to contribute.  I personally prefer to be an unrecognized soldier
> in the mix of helping the movement.  I have quite a few stories I'd love to
> share about interesting ways other people have contributed to the city, but
> since I've already written a book, I figure I'll leave the stories for
> another time.

Unknown (or unrecognized) soldiers, it's what most of the supporters are.

> If anyone else has any interesting stories of ways people have contributed to
> the city, I'd love to hear, it may bring a bit of a smile to this dreary
> rainy holiday season.  lol

I guess you'll find easily.

> Out for now...
> Jodie