Boy did I love "minimal techno" a few years ago when there was plenty of
other techno (and other stuff) to counterbalance it. So an effective mix
would include a few minutes of minimal stuff to contrast with the rest of
the set. Of course minimal tracks are always great to play as a layer for
more sonic depth, but anyway...

But now, the last thing I want to hear is ricardo villalobos or other
wannabes. It's just not fresh anymore with minimal techno its own superset
of dance music.

hatin', always hatin'
-Gil