On 1/19/07, David Powers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Kent, this is serious and it's not the RIAA who will be on trial, it's
not even being charged as copyright infringement - they are charging
them with a felony violation of Georgia's Racketeering Influenced
Corrupt Organization law(known as RICO). For those who don't know,
these are the laws normally used to prosecute the mob and organized
crime. This is really a police state type move in my opinion, and much
more serious than the RIAA just suing people.

why this is at all surprising in a country where the government is
beholden to corporations is beyond me. you like capitalism? this is
what it breeds.

tom