lol, Live is absolutely inappropriate for mastering tracks. Unless you are using unstretched WAVs, your output from live is going to sound degraded. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Martin Dust" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "punkdISCO" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <313@hyperreal.org>
Sent: Wednesday, January 31, 2007 10:35 AM
Subject: Re: (313) Carl Craig :: The Workout

On 31 Jan 2007, at 15:18, punkdISCO wrote:

"You pre-master in Live? Crikey the sound engine in their makes things
sound as flat as a pancake...Off with your ears ;)"

This one comes up all the time despite the numerous tests that people have setup over the years. The fact is that the internal sound engine in Live is no less superior to any other major DAW - they are all good and almost (if
not totally) indistinguishable from each other.

Disagree, I can hear the difference in our studio - it's massive enough for anyone to spot, which is why we wire Live through a desk before the sound goes anywhere but I'd never use it to master anything in a million years. Each to their own I guess...