Tiestolicious - that's brilliant!

On 08/02/2007, at 7:24 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

What a load of crap that tune is - not only is the chord progression bad but the synthy strings coming up behind it are totally Tiestolicious. It
sounds like an old BT track.  Blech.

MEK

"David Powers" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 02/07/2007 01:37:41 PM:

On 2/7/07, kent williams <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

If anyone hasn't heard it it's at http://www.myspace.com/arilbrikha
It has a similar chord progression, but not the same. Not a bad track
but Aril's in danger of being embraced by the progressive DJs for
stuff like this.  Maybe Salsa and Dickweed will pick up on it.

I kept my mouth shut the first time around ... but ... seriously.

That chord progression, in whatever variation, is not something I want
to hear in a techno track, especially on a weak sounding synth sound.
Maybe in some pseudo-GangOfFour discopunk hipster version with lots of guitar and silly lyrics making fun of dance parties I could handle it.
But I can't listen to it without laughing. I don't know what to call
it, prog, trance, whatever, but I can't even listen to the whole thing
in one sitting.

Every time I hear that chord progression, it reminds of me of early
90's rave music, and also "Good Vibrations" by Marky Mark and the
Funky Bunch, and Haddaway "What Is Love". It's the ultimate dance
party anthem chord progression. Kind of like the Louie Louie chord
progression was for rock bands of days gone by.

As far as Swedish music, I'll take new Adam Beyer and Par Grindvik any
day over this Aril track.

~David