Wow I actually have time to day to investigate something that came from the
list instead of just marking for attention for a
later-that-never-comes
Sooooo........
Just had a listen and I think that's a bit unfair (or maybe giving it too much
praise!).  It's not Icon.  It just uses those strings
from the beginning.  In fact I think they've been a bit daft doing so as they
sound really "grafted on" to a different track and
they're so recognisable you do go "hey! that's the strings from Icon!".  I
reckon they'd have been better leaving them off and
letting peepz concentrate on the track underneath.  Which is OK.  People are
raving about it on that Ronan Fitzgerald's blog that
got linked on here (where I went to hear the track).  But if I was going to say
it reminded me of anything I'd say it sounds a lot
like Jean Michel Jarre.  Personally I think JMJ's underrated - you never here
much about him places like here or him being
namehecked by 313 cats etc and I admit he may have popularised stuff already
being done by others but I dig him and when I hear
stuff like this I just think "yeah OK, but 30 years ago......"