I wasn't taken by the samples of that Victor Casanova record, but
Claude Von Stroke has made some tracks I really like. "Beware the
Bird" sticks with me, and makes me happy when I hear it, and though it
has a jokey title, the music is serious.  And the "Whistler" is kind
of a gimmick track that people will get sick of if it's played too
much, but I like it on its own terms.

And the proof is in the playing out IMHO.  CvS gets a visceral
reaction from a dancefloor.  People who want to dance hear what they
like.  Whether we'll be talking about it in a hundred years, well, _I_
won't be talking about anything in a hundred years, so for me it's
right now that matters.

On 6/19/07, Thomas D. Cox, Jr. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 6/19/07, Odeluga, Ken <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I dunno. I've not heard it. Not so interested in Claude von Stroke
> though.

CvS is a joke.