"Cyborg K" asks:-

> I'd like to ask for any recommendations on the
> best tribal techno records/producers out there
> right now, things that are deep, dark, and
danceable.

Always difficult to be sure you have a common
understanding of other peoples terms but may I
recommend the following.

Samuel L Sessions (particulary on Cycle 4-7[swe]).
This guy is blowing up massive atm.

G-Man (Varley) particular with Marco Carola on the
mix.

Stanny Franssen (particularly as G-Force)

Q-Men (Cerrone) particularly on RILIS.

UMEK (particularly on tortured & CLS)

All the above meets your criteria as I read it. The
post purposemaker busy, clattering, poly-rythmic with
something (usually more than one) right across the
frequency spectrum was big last year.

On a more laid back houseTech tip try Marco Carola,
particularly on Question & stuff on Tronic (swe). For
something similar but more fiery and urgent try Geatek
particularly on his ART label, Adam Beyer recent
offering (no really) on Geateks Conform label, stuff
on Design. There is also an American guy on a similar
style, maybe a bit harder and abrasive, Fanon Flowers.
His winter in Kalamazoo on Sonic Mind last year was a
revelation.

Mills has also dug out some wonderful thundering gear
in France last month. St Val & Urban Bushmen remixes
spring to mind.

btw the latest thing to catch peoples ears now the
deep and dark tribal purcussive loops have become
(over) common is a style of Latin or samba techno.
Works exceptionally well on the 'floor. Still looking
for the source of this ......

Hope that helps.

&E Fox

uve