From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf
Of Joseph Ross Lynn IV
Sent: Thursday, March 09, 2000 10:32 AM
To: urban fox; 313@hyperreal.org
Subject: Re: (313) tribal techno

 urban fox wrote
 btw the latest thing to catch peoples ears now the
 deep and dark tribal purcussive loops have become
 (over) common is a style of Latin or samba techno.
 Works exceptionally well on the 'floor. Still looking
 for the source of this ......

I'd say that its reasonable well showcased on Richie's DE9 disk.  Road to
Rio
and that stuff in the beginning.  I love what he does with those Grain
records.
That's what I think of when I think of Tribal techno - organic super deep
drummy sh*t.  Tribal Cuts Vol 1, Grain, Cosmic, Bicknell, this stuff sounds
like
it could have been recorded straight from the most wicked drum circle you
never
heard.

J.

--