well this is a funny story i would like to tell u people here.
i am a dj and i am from israel, in case u don`t know Psy-trance is huge
here, techno is very small, and yes when people here talk about techno they
only like hard stuff, like most people here really like hawtin but not like
carl craig and such.(i think that all the techno people here r less than
1000).
we did a couple of nits we got like 90 or less people inside.
now a good friend of main who is a goa dj but gives much respect to detroit
told asked me and my partner to spin is the small room of a big Goa party, i
mean they play stuff like 145BPM and even more.
it was very funny but sad too. i kicked off with stuff from SND,basic
channel,and alot of minimal dub music. after that we did play alot of micro
house stuff from poker-flat,playhouse,palette,kompakt force inc. ,7th
city,raygun and such. except for a couple of friends who likes us no one did
even pay attention some people looked at the SND record like it was a crazy
thing from mars. after 2 hours i got the idea no one cares so i played a
killer set of good minimal techno and mean ass elektro (there was only 1 guy
who did breakdancing!!!- that was my audience).
i finished with the last 7th city with duvante and Lig. i didn`t know if i
should cry or lough.
thats the story wanted i wanted to share and i`ll be happy for some remarks.
AH