Dan Sicko wrote:

> I think often times a "movement" seems that much more legitimate to
> the US (and I mean the lowest common denominator US) when it comes
> back to us through a UK prism.
>
> Inferiority complex?  Just another obstacle to overcome?

I don't think this is US-specific. The same happened in the Netherlands,
where for instance labels like Eevolute and 100% Pure or artists like
Orlando Voorn and Stefan Robbers only got recognition at home when they
got recognition in the UK and US. It's not even techno-specific: Dutch
progressive/trance DJs like Ferry Corsten and Tiesto did not become big
in .nl until after they'd become big in the UK.

Otto