Hello,
I am sorry that I have to have my own opinion on this, but what I believe
stands.  I never said I was hatin on Juan, I never said he was a bad artist.
Yet you can't blame the interviewer for your own answers.  Or the editing,
unless it was malicious, and in that regard I would assume a lawsuit was in
order.  And I don't think that by the amount of radio play one artist has had
over another raises the bar on who's a better artist or not.  Are there any
national statistics on Sasha and Digweed versus Juan Atkins?  I know he has
been played alot on Detroit radio, but what do you expect?  I mean listen to
WJLB or 105.9 on the weekends and it's like they stopped buying records awhile
ago.  Just remixing the same old tired stuff.  It's good stuff, but it's time
is done.  So am I wrong because I critisize the argument that the electronic
music industry against black artists?  That white kids prefer Trance for
racially motivated reasons?  I think not.  I love Detroit techno and am proud
of this city, and all of electronic music, and I am not going to sit here and
stay passive when, even a talented artist says it, this music is being slammed
because Jaun isn't as popular as he once was. I hope that can be respected.
Later