Actually, if there is a mailing list that represents exactly what I am not looking for, it is the [EMAIL PROTECTED] list. ;)

To be even more specific, what I am looking for is a list that is pretty broad in range, something that encompasses the whole of electronic music. I am looking for a list that will discuss Vladislav Delay, Electric Tones Records, Edgard Varese and Derrick May during the course of a single day. Basically, a big mailing list that covers the whole of electronic music and is more content than chatter.

I want a list with more discussions about why Ionisation was better or worse than Deserts, what is happening with obscure amsterdam IDM labels, and what were the 12"s to pick up this week. Ideally, it will be low traffic high content.

mt

From: "Pryor, Ryan N" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'Mike Taylor'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
CC: "'313@hyperreal.org'" <313@hyperreal.org>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 00:17:33 -0500

IDM http://music.hyperreal.org/lists/idm/

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Taylor [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, March 21, 2002 11:48 PM
To: 313@hyperreal.org

Hello,

Does anybody have any recommendations for music mailing lists that are
interesting and informative? I am looking for something that covers 313,
ambient and IDM without a lot of OT opinion posts, and other gratuitous
traffic that seems to plague this list. Something web based would be nice as

well, something like I Love Music, but with more electronic content.

As much as I love this list and the people that I have met through it, it is

taking up to much of time time for too little information.

Take care,
mt