Just last week the topic was about race and detroit techno, mostly to do
with Juan Atkins and the XLR8R. That's pretty broad ;)

-Pete

-----Original Message-----
From: Mxyzptlk [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, March 22, 2002 11:44 AM
To: 313@hyperreal.org

Microsound is good for discussion of theory, politics/philosophy of music
as it pertains to Microsound type excursions, but it will not wander afar
from those fields save for the rare clicky IDM topic. Kim does tend to keep
a good hold on it in terms of spam, etc. I'm not sure it will fit the
"broad range" you mentioned below - in fact, I'm certain it will not. I
still say idm-m is your best bet. Lance tends to keep the static down and a
lot of music gets treated with a lower volume than IDM - and far less
flamebaiting. No ads, FS lists, etc. are allowed.
                                                 jeff