> Come on, you don't think I'm into Tall Paul do ya? Like, please. I use him
> as an extreme example of out-of-control superstar DJ mania. And he has a
> dire lack of artistry as a producer. And these Euro prog
> house/trance/processedcheese playas never give it up to the innovators or
> the roots of the music they are corrupting (ie Detroit, Chicago and NY
> innovators).

On the topic of eurocheese, suffered through a half hour of an Ibiza infomercial
while trying to fall asleep in a hotel room a couple of weeks ago.  Interspersed
with the footage of aesthetically crippled 20-somethings dancing and drugging
their year's worth of savings away were interviews with the various djs.  To my
surprise, among the trance-meisters is none other than Chicago house legend,
Farley "Jackmaster" Funk!

Farley discusses his aspirations to take his seat on top of the dj heap, his
affection for trance, and then for seemingly no reason launches into a
uncomfortably long "Breakfast at Tiffany's" style impersonation of asian folk
(the announcer plays along).

On a different note, very glad to be in London this week.  Kenny Larkin and
Richard H Kirk at the ICA, Jay Denham at some other spot (forget, but it's in
Timeout)...all Friday night!