I suppose prolific should be added as  well, when one looks at the
sheer volume of his releases.

There are a number of German/Chilean artists, closely related to Uwe Schmidt and the Frankfurt scene, whose work flies under the radar of most people... Pink Elln (TM), Gabriel LeMar, Dandy Jack (who is also part of Ric Y Martin on the Perlon label), Pascal FEOS, Alax Azary, Michael Kohlbecker, etc. It's interesting to see how this web of aliases and friendships is weaved.

MEK

From: Mxyzptlk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Gwendal Cobert" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,<313@hyperreal.org>
Subject: RE: [313] Uwe Schmidt / Senor Coconut
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2001 10:37:59 -0500

My understanding of this (which may certainly be flawed - I have done email
volley with Uwe, but not over this subject. NICE guy!) is that some of the
Kraftwerkers didn't think certain songs "worked" via the Latin treatment
because they weren't as *funny* as the others - not that they were against
the reworkings in general. Uwe was apparently miffed that they thought the
Latinesque style was ~simply~ "funny". This is the gist of the scuttlebutt
surrounding the matter as it was discussed on Mother, the AtomTM list.
Normally you dismiss this kind of talk, but several members on the list DO
dialogue extensively with Uwe himself; Uwe tends to reply to email readily
and is very congenial. He has said in the past that Kraftwerk's songs ARE
more "compositions" than some of what is out and about in the electronic
scene and so they lend themselves more readily to translation. As for Uwe's
sense of humor and style, it's pretty obvious if one has been following his
career - and quite panoramic. I suppose prolific should be added as well,
when one looks at the sheer volume of his releases. Rather Interesting 57
is very close to seeing the light of day as well.

At 09:04 AM 10/5/2001, Gwendal Cobert wrote:
> Florian Schneider from Kraftwerk!!(that ended up with rumors
> about kraftwerk
> being upset with those latin remixes)
I don't understand why Kraftwerk would have to be upset with those versions
:
- I always had the feeling these guys had a lot of humour
- and one thing these versions show : Kraftwerk songs are great songs,
whatever instruments they're played with...
Gwendal