That's a VERY important qualification. Back then, LOTS of things were called "trance". I have some excellent old Subsonic "trance" volumes which are full of Reel by Real, Dark Comedy, 69, etc., etc, tracks. What falls into the "trance" bin these days is another animal altogether - imo anyway. Even much old ambient was called 'trance' in the early-mid 90s.
                                                                        jeff