----- Original Message ----- From: "Carlos de Brito" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <313@hyperreal.org>
Sent: Friday, August 31, 2007 2:26 PM
Subject: Re: (313) New chunes

Mark Pritchard / Steve Spacek : Turn It On (Sonar Kollektiv Germany)
-Not what I was expecting it to sound like. More techno. Stupid baseline.
I dig

i love this. must be the best 'broken beat'-tune i heard for a long time.

Ditto. Can't even recall the last broken beat thing I bought before this.

Sven Weisemann - Cabana Fever (Mojuba 006)
http://www.voices-records.de/shop/catalog/19320
theo fans will dig the percussion- and chord-laden the a side, nice dubhouse track on the flip.

I was a bit let down by this. It's good but it doesn't quite live up to the earlier Styrax and Liebe Detail releases , while sounding very much like them, IMHO of course.

Moodymann - I´d rather be lonely (KDJ 036)
http://www.myspace.com/moodymann313
finally on wax, after listening extensively to the track on his myspace account (btw: i'd never expected to find kenny there...). sound quality rather dubious, but i really dig this.

Yeah I got this recently too. Only listened to it twice so far but it keeps popping back up in my head. It's good.

oh, an i received a copy of christian pommer's drumlesson - "drum lesson vol.1" (sonar kollektiv) this morning, but haven't heard it properly yet. contains jazzed versions of "can you feel it", "plastic dreams", "trans europa express", "strings of life", "beau mot plage", "nervous track" and one of my alltime faves "claire" from iO aka patrick pulsinger. looking forward to listen to this this weekend.

Also on the SK tip, that Roland Appel "Dark Warrior" is due to have a proper release imminently. It's probably the best track I've heard this year. Paul Kendrick threw it in a mix he did for Kumo Music a couple of months ago, which is very much worth listening to in its own right, as "Dark Warrior" isn't the only gem in there. It's a wicked mix: http://www.kumomusic.com/music.html

A direct link to the mp3: http://www.kumomusic.com/audio/paul_kendrick_june_2007.mp3

Track list
1. Insync-Storm
2. Derrick Cater- Where U At. Revisionist Edition
3. Roland Appel-Dark Soldier
4. Anton Banks-Alone with my thoughts
5.Patrice Scott-Atmospheric Emotions
6. Moxie 11-Me on girl
7. Claude Vonstroke- The Whistler. Jesse Rose mix
8. ESP. Its You. Laurent Garnier mix
9. ERP-Alsoran
10. LFO- Tied up. Acid mix
11. Paperclip People- Stabbed / Mike Banks Accapella
12. Hugh Masekela- Don’t go lose it baby. Dub mix
13. KDJ- Ampapella
14. Giorgio Moroder- The Chase
15. Reginald Dokes- Black thoughts
16. Substance & Vainqueur- Immersion. Sleeparchive mix
17. Shake- Plugged In.
18. Hokus Pokus- House it up. Track mix.

Tristan
=======
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.phonopsia.co.uk