On Oct 5, 2007, at 8:58 AM, "kent williams" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

313 list doesn't accept multipart-mime messages. That means you need
to select 'plain text' as the message type in your mail client.  Not
only that, but you have to actually check the message format before
you hit send, because many clients seem to choose HTML or Rich Text
formats on their own, even if you've told them to use plain text.

What's the rationale?

1. MIME-encoding makes the archives and digests unreadable and
difficult to search.
2. Some people still use text-based e-mail programs.
3. We old school.

If we was truly "old school", I wouldn't see this in the Digests:

(just look at all those "=20" quoted-printable spaces.)

While I'm not sure this is necessarily the exact/only cause,
quite a few Digests still continue to cause Apple's Mail.app
heartburn.  There were 13 of them in the latest Digest that I
just got earlier this morning (and a few "8bit" as well).

If we really want Plain Text, it's all about

baby!

        - Greg