From: "Thomas D. Cox, Jr." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: 313@hyperreal.org
Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2007 11:16:31 AM
Subject: Re: (313) Richie Interview

On Nov 14, 2007 12:00 PM,  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> It's interesting that this beatmatched recombination idea has sparked a
> discussion on whether *any* combination or *any* beatmatching is good /
> necessary / appropriate.

well, i think it is about exploring the boundaries. richie seems
obsessed with pushing the boundaries of making the original artist
irrelevent. other people (david mancuso being one) is interested in
making the original artist the only thing that is relevent. both ideas
are more interesting theoretically than they are on the dancefloor!

i think the happy medium is in the middle somewhere, and i can see
advantages to leaning a little bit to either side (lets call them the
jeff mills approach and the theo parrish approach since they are 2
good examples of each side of the argument but on a far less extreme
level) but going all the way to either end is pretty stupid and
limiting.

tom