On Nov 15, 2007 7:39 AM, Odeluga, Ken <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> As ever, define 'better'.
>
> I'm not usually impressed, nor are you, but many are. As we both know,
> the majority is always right!

if things are good, they will be listened to over and over (though not
everything that is listened to over and over is good...) and hold
their own. the fact that this doesnt happen with any of these
performers (be it turntablists whose medium is video since without the
spectacle the music is pretty blah, or the deejays like hawtin whose
pre thought out CD of things mixed like this is still the standard for
it X number of years later) is pretty much the indication that what
they are doing is usually not all that high quality. of course the
argument is that "it was good at the time" but i dont think that is
true, if something is good, it is always good....

tom