While we're on the consumer feedback tangent, I'd like to say thanks to everyone who weighed in on their favorite portable recorders. I picked up a Zoom H2 and found that while it has a wide variety of interesting features, the line input for it is not adjustable (although there's an adjustment to turn down the recording level after it's already entered, as well as normalization / compression features, etc) and so had a tendency to distort. I've traded it in for the somewhat more pricey Edirol R-09 which I've been pretty happy with so far.

I purchased via http://www.minidisco.com/ which I also recommend.

Best,

m50