I've just looked around me and realised Ikea actually forms the crux of my
studio furniture, beyond just holding records. Can't knock a desk called
"The Jerker" either. Here's some pics.

http://www.phonopsia.co.uk/pics/Resized/Ikea001.JPG
http://www.phonopsia.co.uk/pics/Resized/Ikea002.JPG
http://www.phonopsia.co.uk/pics/Resized/Ikea003.JPG
http://www.phonopsia.co.uk/pics/Resized/Ikea004.JPG
http://www.phonopsia.co.uk/pics/Resized/Ikea005.JPG

I highly recommend against using the Expedit shelves as a computer desk.
Most unergonomical, and horrible in most every way.

I highly rate The Jerker though. If I had enough room I'd think about
getting a second one, since my computer got booted from it via production
kit. That would require stupid amounts of space though. Oh, and my Jerker
has now been assembled/reassembled four times. Rugged stuff. I reckon the
2x4 Expedit shelves could get through a few iterations as well. It's mostly
Allen wrench business.

Tristan
=======
http://www.phonopsia.co.uk