Surprised it's taken Syntax so long. They seemed to be a mess 5 years
ago. We worked with them for a couple years, and I can't say much good
about them except that John D (the owner) was cool. Eventually they
were ordering fewer records of ours than we could sell direct in the
USA by ourselves, which struck me as a little odd.

I order from dancerecords.com, or go to dope jams in brooklyn...also
sometimes visit/order from turntable lab, submerge, or forced
exposure. Thre's also a great recordstore in Chapel Hill, NC called CD
alley (despite the name, it's full of as many records as cd's, and
though they don't carry loads of dance music, they can order anything
with US distrib for you).

I still think there is opportunity for new record stores and distribs
in the USA. All the old stores and distribs who are still centered
around dance music as club/party/dj music are going to fail. The
places I see it thriving are places that sell it side-by-side with
jazz, disco, soul, rock, etc, ie as "real" music....tough times but a
change for the better, in the long run, if you ask me.

jt