being a vegan foodie.... my biggest things are finding actual good food to eat while in the D.

so. can't forget Avalon Bakery! Cass Ave right by Planet E.

lots of vegan carbohydrate delights there and the best coffee in Detroit [organic, fair trade]

Blue Nile - Ferndale, MI - a staple of techno tourists - prix fixe, but don't order more than necessary because you can't take it with you

Oslo [walking distance, Woodward] - there will probably be plenty of parties there, of course

Royal Oak - Beirut Palace for their delish falafel, hummus and their big fat juicy fatoosh... and orange / carrot juices [yum!] La Shish - in Dearborn [if you're passing by the airport] or Warren if you're near Roseville Record Time

Sala Thai - in the burbs on Lafayette near Woodward - and buy some Gap t-shirts while you're at it

Marathon - cheap ethiopian in Windsor, ON - might be easier / cheaper to take the bus from there. Don't take a German techno artist [Monolake], a man of Arabic descent [Sharif], a white girl [---], a Filipino girl [---], a white guy that got turned away at the border [me] and a black guy [Archetype] without a passport or ID through the border and expect not to be hassled.

If memory serves me right, there's some indian food to be had downtown, but I only stumbled into it and have yet to see it in the last 2 years for some reason.

Go to Ann Arbor, like Diana said for Zingerman's, but don't get a ticket while doing so.. and say hi to Carlos!

--

Go to Cranbrook. And wish that you had gone there instead of Ohio freaking State

Throw eggs at the dealer at New to You [W. 9 Mile, Ferndale - on the same strip as ex-Xhedos + ex-Record Time] he's a crook, sits on overpriced gear forever -- he's another guy that you should say "you can't take it with you" to..

Sadly, so much of what made Detroit, Detroit is gone.. [detroit contemporary, Motor, temple, Panacea]

+odd