That Record Store you were looking for in Hamtramck is called Detroit
Threads, not Record Time.  It's definitely still there, he's got an
amazing collection, very diverse, and definitely worth a stop-off.
Also, don't forget Vibes, on 8-mile, its Rick Wilhites store, although
you'll probably need a guide to get there, as its hard to find, and
you have to be buzzed in, worth it though, as its one of the best
house music stores in the country and def THE best Detroit House music
store anywhere in the world.

Sushi at Oslo's is a good recommendation.

And don't forget to get your coffee, muffins and red bull at the Urban
Bean Co.  This place was Blake Baxters old record store, and this
place will be open 24-7 during the fest.  They have turntables and
programmed and open table times where people from out of town can hop
on.  The owner of this  coffee shop, Josh Greenwood, is infamous in
the city for his influence, through Push, Motormouth magazine, Dalley
in the Alley and a few more.  Def worth a stop-through.  Corner of
Grand River and Griswold, prob a 7 minute bike ride, and 15-20 minute
walk from Hart Plaza, straight up Woodward to Grand River, go one
block to Griswold.