i knew you would have answered like this tom

nevermind, im going out to hear ben klock and marco passarani. if anyone wants to know about it let me know....

f.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Thomas D. Cox, Jr." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <313@hyperreal.org>
Sent: Saturday, March 29, 2008 12:42 AM
Subject: Re: (313) Moodymann - the OC (was: venting)

On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 6:36 PM, fab. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 heard the very short clips over at Sounds of the Universe
(http://www.soundsoftheuniverse.com/releases/?id=11456) and i very much like
 what i heard.

it is really really good.

Forgive me as i haven't been following Moodymann lately, I thought he was either getting to housey or formulaic for my tastes, but has he been on some
 sort of new tip?

he hasnt been formulaic or even very housey at all, since at least
2004. his releases have been strange and it is debatable if some is
even house at all (his last one on Mahogani before this, black
mahogani 2, etc). i dont know why you wouldnt be paying attention,
some of his best tracks have been released in the past few years: the
2 private collections, ampapella,

 From what i hear it seems he has been making stripped down
dirty techno (God forbid i say the word "minimal") and the last track sounds
 almost krunk.

if anything, until these past 2 with mick collins id say he was
leaning far more jazzy, but these 2 have been very odd. this newest
one is really good.

tom