heard the very short clips over at Sounds of the Universe (http://www.soundsoftheuniverse.com/releases/?id=11456 ) and i very much like what i heard. Forgive me as i haven't been following Moodymann lately, I thought he was either getting to housey or formulaic for my tastes, but has he been on some sort of new tip? or is the clip too short and the tracks develop differently? Here the blurb says "Kenny Dixon Jr keeps on developing his signature sound in unexpected new directions and this single represents another exciting step forward!" From what i hear it seems he has been making stripped down dirty techno (God forbid i say the word "minimal") and the last track sounds almost krunk.

His last couple of things have kind of been going in this direction, kind of muddy live funk (the Mick Collins related things) - this particular 12 is like a cross between that live funk vibe and the electronic side I prefer. I find that more interesting than his jazzy side which I don't really dig that much (and it's easy to see why someone would stop watching his output if the jazzy stuff doesn't hit you).

robin...