I think it was more of a subtle diss of the average URB reader than a
diss of the Detroit DJs.
At least I read it that way.

And ya outed Josh -- he's been a lurker for years.  Word is he's
marrying Doris Payer,  the redoubtable Doris Non-Woo (to contrast with
Doris Woo, Tony Child's wife), old school mw-raver ....