No, as much as I hate to admit it, redshizzle was right in posting
that.  Thou shalt not post personal email replies back to the list.
Now, technically John didn't paste Shawn's private reply back to the
list, but it's apparent to me that Shawn didn't message the list, John
just posted his reply to Shawn directly to the list.  My best guess is
that Jwan forwarded the email to Shawn, OR Shawn is lurking, emailed
John directly off-list, and John did something goofy in replying.
Either way, like Kent said last week, thou shalt not post private mail
back to the list.  Not only is it technically illegal, it makes things
confusing and makes you look like a dipwad.  So, nice going John, you
dipwad.  ;)

--
peace,

frank