I've seen him live about 20 times. He's pretty much the best; at least I've never seen anyone do a better techno live set... He does all the drums on the fly, the synths are pre-programmed patterns but thrown in off the cuff. There's another old interview on my site here - http://www.11-hour.com/features/archive/shawn_rudiman.asp

Didn't know there was a new album, thanks for the heads up.

john dale wrote:
I havenĀ“t heard about Shawn Rudiman sincet his 12" on Dust Science,
but I got totally blown away by his new 2x12 called Machine Soul
Terminal on Finest Blend.

To me this man seem to be one of the most underrated talants in the
world of techno. Has anyone seen him live?
I read an interesting interview with him, where he is speaking about
his live set! He claim to program almost everything on the fly!!!
He says "The more chance of failure or bad human performance, the more
live it is".

Read the interview here:
http://www.electronicdir.jp/2008/05/shawn-rudiman-interview/

--