Alrighty!  First a BIG thanks to everybody who got in touch recently
about the birth of wee Laurel Brunton- too many mails to send and not
enough time to do it so I'l just have to use the list as a "shotgun"
approach to covering them all for the moment.  Cheers!

Now, music from Detroit and Detroit influenced musicians........

What's the thoughts on Andres' new 12 on Mahogini? That 12 he did for
Moods and Grroves is still probably my favourite of his productions
but this current release is pretty fine for some early summer vibes-
really digging the "make you want to do right" sample as used on the
old DJ Pierre "Luv Dancin" on Strictly. MMMMMmmmmmm. Nice

New Terrance Dixon on Finest Blend- 4 tracks of his trademark
craziness- his stuff always sounds like it's about to fall apart at
the seams- sometimes it gets a bit too....intense (the old Unknown
Black Shapes 12|" has  a track that is literally just a Bass Drum for
about 6 minutes with the odd bit of distortion and reverb...and that's
it!) but I'm really quite liking the B Side of this one.

What about that Der Zyklus thing on Gigilo from a few weeks back- I'm
never quite sure if he's taking the piss with some of his
stuff....guess that's half the fun/frustration!  Needless to say if
you're a Drexciyan warrior (even just a part time or weekend one) then
this will float your boat.

If you're a fan of the DJ Godfather booty sound you could do worse
than check out the UK's DJ Guy Goin'Crazy EP on Global Fire- it aint
form Detroit but it's pretty autherntic Booty stylee- I'm not a fan of
this style to be honest but I really quite enjoyed it so there must be
a bit more too it that the run of the mill.  Or I'm getting more
booty-licious in my old age :)

I heard a really good Scott Grooves thing today- 4 tracks on blue
vinyl- didn't catch the name of it but a couple fo well good deep
house tracks and some more Techno-y things too- quite a varied
collection for Mr Grooves and the second record by him in a year that
I've liked.

Take it you've all checked out the recent Sean Deason on Matrix
(Elements Vol 2)? Fans of the classic early/mid 90's Detroit sounds
will go fairly nuts for this I would say.

I'm sure there's loads more to talk about but I wouldn't want to be
the ONLY one talking about current releases by Detroit artists on the
list :)

peace out etc

Jason