On 1 May 2008, at 08:48, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hey Frank- thanks for the info- everybody here always talks about him
being from Detroit so I just assumed.  I think he's done a good few
tracks and his sound can be sparse in places (like Omar) but so far he
hasn't really produced and monster tracks (plenty of time to come
though)

I have quite a few Jus-Ed records but I think I'd agree with this. His vibe is different to Omar S, as Frank points out he has more of a straightforward house sound.

I'd say Patrice Scott is possibly more akin to Omar in his grasp of melancholy and rawness. Again a different sound though, but one I'm really liking right now.

Not sure if Jason's mentioned this as he seems to have a proper grip on hot records right now (and thankfully talks about it on the list, yes!) but the new Aesthetic Audio is now out. Juju and Jordash and Keith Worthy both on this.

Another headsup as the new Moxie is out. Not heard what the edits are like but he's usually one of the better editors.

robin...