Oh for goodness sake, if this argument "bores" you why are you trying so hard
to have it?

No one said it had to be different to be great.  Doing things this way can be
100% fine. "use as little or a much as you need" yes,
agreed.  On Kraftwerk I thought they were their last "live" show was the best
thing I've seen in years and I don't care that much
how live it was.

Right now, in this thread, you're not hearing the "Musicians Union" argument
from anyone (though I admit it has come up on here).

I don't see why "who is using this exciting new technology in an interesting
way", "who's getting the most out of this gear" is
being viewed as something other than a positive topic and twisted into
something else.  I thought the Surgeon answer was probably a
reasonable bet.

controllers"