From: Kowalsky [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, September 07, 2008 9:24 PM
To: [313]
Subject: Re: (313) Richie Hawtin's Traktor setup

Saw him playing in my city last wednesday. His set was pretty
tasteless, flavourless. My impression was just like that: a bunch of
loops scrambled over and over, with a crescendo to make the crowd
scream from time to time.
It seems that a lot of djs, or producers, are showing up in the stage
the capabilities of digital blending, the knob thrill just for the
sake of it. Well, techno always had a thing about the process, not
focusing on a begining or an end, but this tasteless knob thrill
usually turns into a kid play, something like "i'm having fun playing
with my lego blocks, aren't you?". Well, it's not really that fun just
watch someone else playing lego, cause there's no space for you to get
in - the expression of the music was suposed to do that, bring the
people into the playing.

Kw